Expectations of Players
- make a committed effort to attend all practices and games
- respect for coaches, officials, their team mates and opposing teams
- strive to improve and learn new skills
- work hard for yourself, but also for your team. Softball is a team sport and it takes a group effort to succeed
- and most important, have fun!
This is a general guideline for expectations when it comes to playing on the Div A and B teams.
Division A Players
- this division has the highest level of competition and commitment
- players on this team are expected to practice more often
- players are encouraged to attend clinics and strive to excel in the position they are playing
- division A starts at the Squirt level
- typically participate in at least 4 tournaments and in addition teams are expected to attend Provincials (early July) and go on to Westerns (PeeWee and up, early Aug.) if successful
- all A division players must purchase Rawlings Switcheroo Jacket
Division B Players
- this is the developmental stage for players striving to move up and learn the skills of the game while still having a fun experience.
- still has a strong sense of competitiveness at league games.
- typically participate in 2-3 tournaments.
- it is up to the individual teams if they wish to attend Provincials (early July).
Junior League Players require the following ball equipment:
- defensive facemask
- team ball cap
- running shoes
The official Raider Uniform is:
- Raider Jersey – provided by the zone
- black pants and belt
- black socks
It is recommended that you also consider the following items:
- helmet (with cage)
- equipment bag
- mouth guard
- ball cleats
- batting gloves
- sliding shorts
It is also suggested that each player have the following at each game and practice:
- water bottle
- sun screen
- insect repellant
- a jacket
- sun glasses
- miscellaneous first aid supplies (i.e. bandages, sports tape etc.)
Each team will decide upon additional team apparel once teams have been selected. If teams are going with a 2nd jersey, they must have Executive approval and proper Raiders logo.