Expectations of Players
- make a committed effort to attend all practices and games
- respect for coaches, officials, their team mates and opposing teams
- strive to improve and learn new skills
- work hard for yourself, but also for your team. Softball is a team sport and it takes a group effort to succeed
- and most important, have fun!
This is a general guideline for expectations when it comes to playing on the Div A and B teams.
Division A Players
- this division has the highest level of competition and commitment
- players on this team are expected to practice more often
- players are encouraged to attend clinics and strive to excel in the position they are playing
- division A starts at the Squirt level
- typically participate in at least 4 tournaments and in addition teams are expected to attend Provincials (early July) and go on to Westerns (PeeWee and up, early Aug.) if successful
- all A division players must purchase Rawlings Switcheroo Jacket
Division B Players
- this is the developmental stage for players striving to move up and learn the skills of the game while still having a fun experience.
- still has a strong sense of competitiveness at league games.
- typically participate in 2-3 tournaments.
- it is up to the individual teams if they wish to attend Provincials (early July).
Junior League Players require the following ball equipment:
- defensive facemask
- team ball cap
- running shoes
The official Raider Uniform is:
- Raider Jersey – provided by the zone
- black pants and belt
- black socks
It is recommended that you also consider the following items:
- helmet (with cage)
- equipment bag
- mouth guard
- ball cleats
- batting gloves
- sliding shorts
It is also suggested that each player have the following at each game and practice:
- water bottle
- sun screen
- insect repellant
- a jacket
- sun glasses
- miscellaneous first aid supplies (i.e. bandages, sports tape etc.)
Each team will decide upon additional team apparel once teams have been selected. If teams are going with a 2nd jersey, they must have Executive approval and proper Raiders logo.
The Saskatoon Raiders and Al Anderson’s Source for Sports is teaming up to outfit you in Raiders gear.
- Sizing available at Al Anderson’s Source for Sports.
- No refunds or exchanges on any products ordered on this site. All sales are final.
- You will be notified if any items are unavailable or back ordered for any reason.
WEBSITE LINK – https://raiders.itemorder.com
Store order cut off dates:
March 15th, 2021 (Pick up Date ETA April 16th, 2021)
March 29th, 2021 (Pick up Date ETA April 30th, 2021)
April 12th, 2021 (Pick up Date ETA May 14th, 2021)
April 26th, 2021 (Pick up Date ETA May 28th, 2021)
May 10th, 2021 (Pick up Date ETA June 11th, 2021)