Born 2006, 2007
PLEASE NOTE: Girls born in 2008 are eligible to try out for the U12 Squirt team. The player must register for squirt, attend player evaluations and are subject to the fees and rules below. If you do not make the U12 Raiders squirt team, the difference in registration will be reimbursed to you.
Born 2004, 2005
Born 2002, 2003
Learn to Play
Born 2007 and earlier
U12, U14, U16 Boys
U18 and U21
Born 2001 and older
Zone 2 Raider evaluations will be held at Elite Performance Sports Center, 335 68th Street East.
All players must attend at least 2 of the 3 available sessions. If you choose not to be evaluated please know you will not be eligible to be placed on an A Division team.
U12: 1:30-4 pm
U14: 4-6:30 pm
U16: 6:30-9 pm
U14: 6-7:20 pm
U12: 7:20-8:40 pm
U16: 8:40-10 pm
U16: 1:30-4 pm
U12: 4-6:30 pm
U14: 6:30-9 pm
All players must be evaluated, as per Saskatoon Minor Softball League (SMSL) regulations. If you choose not to be evaluated please know you will not be eligible to be placed on an A Division team.
Members of the University of Saskatchewan’s Ladies Softball Team will evaluate players on both qualitative and quantitive skills in a number of different areas including:
- fielding (infield/outfield)
- base running
- hitting (front toss and live hitting)
- softball IQ
What to Bring
Players will be required to bring their own glove and helmet to the evaluations. Bats and catchers equipment will be available but players are encouraged to bring their own equipment.
- This division has the highest level of competition and commitment
- Players on this team are expected to practice more often
- Players are encouraged to attend clinics and strive to excel in the position they are playing
- Typically participate in at least 4 tournaments and in addition teams are expected to attend Provincials (early July) and go on to Westerns (PeeWee and up, early Aug.) if successful
- This is the developmental stage for players striving to move up and learn the skills of the game while still having a fun experience
- League games still have a strong sense of competitiveness.
- Typically participate in 2-3 tournaments
- It is up to the individual teams if they wish to attend Provincials (early July)
- U12 (Squirts) — $250
- U14 (Pee Wee) — $250
- U16 (Bantam) — $250
Fees include evaluation fees and a $25 Softball Sask calendar that you can either keep or sell.
A $75 jersey deposit is required before receiving your uniform and will be collected when you pick up your jersey (TBD). The cheque should be postdated August 1 of the current year and made out to Zone 2 Softball.
The uniform must be returned in the same condition you received it.
If the uniform is not returned by August 30 of the current year, the cheque will be cashed. If you do not have a uniform deposit cheque at evaluations, you will be responsible for picking up a uniform at a later date.
- A $25 non-refundable processing is applicable to all registrations
- Full refunds are available prior to a player being evaluated (minus processing fee)
- A 25% refund is available prior to commencement of the season April 30 (minus processing fee)
- Once the season has commenced, no refunds will be available.
- There will be no refunds of the mandatory steak night tickets.
- Medical refunds are at the discretion of the board and if approved would be prorated (minus processing fee)