Born 2008, 2009
PLEASE NOTE: Girls born in 2010 are eligible to try out for the U12 team. The player must register for U12, attend player evaluations and are subject to the fees and rules below. If you do not make the U12 Raiders squirt team, the difference in registration will be reimbursed to you.
Born 2006, 2007
Born 2004, 2005
Born 2010 and later.
U12, U14, U16 Boys
U18 and U21
Born 2002 and older
Evaluation dates will be released soon.
All evaluations will be held at the Gordie Howe Sports Complex, 1525 Avenue P South, please wear indoor shoes as cleats are not allowed on the turf. You will also need to bring your glove, helmet, bat (there will be bats on hand to use) and a water bottle. If you are a catcher and have your own equipment, we recommend that you bring that as well.
SMSL requires that to be eligible for an “A” team you attend at least 1 evaluation, but we highly encourage all players to attend as many sessions as possible.
- This division has the highest level of competition and commitment
- Players on this team are expected to practice more often
- Players are encouraged to attend clinics and strive to excel in the position they are playing
- Typically participate in at least 4 tournaments and in addition teams are expected to attend Provincials (early July) and go on to Westerns (PeeWee and up, early Aug.) if successful
- This is the developmental stage for players striving to move up and learn the skills of the game while still having a fun experience
- League games still have a strong sense of competitiveness.
- Typically participate in 2-3 tournaments
- It is up to the individual teams if they wish to attend Provincials (early July)
- U12 — $250
- U14 — $250
- U16 — $250
Fees include evaluation fees and a $25 Softball Sask calendar that you can either keep or sell.
A $75 jersey deposit is required before receiving your uniform and will be collected when you pick up your jersey (TBD). The cheque should be postdated August 1 of the current year and made out to Zone 2 Softball.
The uniform must be returned in the same condition you received it.
If the uniform is not returned by August 30 of the current year, the cheque will be cashed. If you do not have a uniform deposit cheque at evaluations, you will be responsible for picking up a uniform at a later date.
- All refunds will be reduced by a $25 processing fee
- Full refunds are available prior to a player being evaluated
- A 25% refund is available prior to commencement of the season – April 30
- No refunds will be issued once the season has commenced
- Refund requests due to medical reasons is at the discretion of the Zone